Sunday, March 23, 2008

In a Van...Down by the River.

Crazy title to this post huh? Well, I thought I would share with you a little secret from my last session. This little man, we'll call him "Smilish", set out with me for a little adventure and his 5th year photo session. The sun was bright...but the wind was blowing and it was cold. So at each new location we had about 1 minute to get out and shoot before we jumped back into the warm van. So when I reached the location down by the river I decided to stay in the van for a while to warm him up. My solution, pump up the heat...throw up a small backdrop and open the van door wide. And there you have it...a mobile photo studio with amazing natural light!

And here's the set-up.And the result. Not bad for a Van Down By The River.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

What a sweet boy! I love how you have captured his joy and that special twinkle in his eye! Can't wait to see the rest!

BJ

Crystal said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me!! Love the title...Chris Farley!

Shannon said...

Okay, I just have to add one more thing. I think my favorite part of the last photo (besides the lovely light) is how he is grabbing his big toe. Love those details!

Lindsay said...

Great pictures of a darling boy!!

Angela said...

Catching up on this blog.
All the pictures are GREAT as usual!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Truly amazing.
Nice job :)